Consumer Health Alliance Overview
The Consumer Health Alliance (CHA) is the national trade association for non-insurance discount healthcare programs. CHA works to promote consumer-friendly business standards while seeking practical and targeted regulation of the discount health industry. Discount health plans, which are not health insurance, give consumers direct access to ancillary healthcare products and services at discounted rates.
- Careington International Corporation
- New Benefits Ltd.
- Alliance HealthCard Inc.
- Optum Health Allies
- Vantage America Solutions Inc.
- APR Adm de Cartoes LTDA
- Superior Vision Services Inc.
Discount Health Plans Fast Facts
- CHA’s members provide discount health plans to nearly 27 million Americans.
- Discount health plans are NOT insurance and are not qualified plans under the Affordable Care Act.
- In exchange for a monthly membership fee, members receive a list of in-network providers, and a discount anywhere from 20% to 60% on services when visiting those providers.
- The purpose of a discount health plan is to supplement insurance, save money on out-of-pocket health costs and make ancillary services more affordable, including services typically excluded from health insurance plans.
- Healthcare services rarely covered by insurance plans include: dental care and vision for adults, hearing aids, chiropractic services, and popular alternative medicine techniques like acupuncture.
Discount Health Plans In the News