A program operator must prepare or ensure the preparation of membership materials disclosing the following information:
- A general description of the services and/or products offered through the discount healthcare program, the types of providers available, and the range of discounts available;
- A toll-free telephone number and a website address where individuals may obtain lists of providers and information regarding the range of discounts or fee schedules available from providers participating in the program;
- A statement in clear and conspicuous type that a discount healthcare program is not insurance or a qualified health plan under the Affordable Care Act and that the member must pay the entire discounted price;
- A statement that the discount healthcare program does not guarantee the quality of the services or products offered by individual providers;
- If a member has paid membership fees, a statement in clear and conspicuous type, that a member may cancel his or her membership within 30 calendar days of receiving his or her membership information without needing to give a reason, and will be entitled to a complete refund of all membership fees paid to the discount healthcare program; however, money paid as a nominal one-time enrollment fee, or money paid for services or benefits received under the discount healthcare program, are not subject to refund;
- A statement that a member may file a complaint under the discount healthcare program's complaint resolution procedure regarding the availability of contracted discounts or services, or other matters relating to the contractual obligations of the program to its members; and that for complaints regarding quality of services or products, the member, upon request, will be informed of the name, telephone, and address of the agency to which the member can direct the complaint; and
- If the discount healthcare program includes both discount benefits and insured benefits, a statement that clearly and conspicuously discloses which services and/or products are discount benefits and which services and/or products are insured benefits.